This is one of my husband’s favourite Indian bread recipes. Often prepared on a Friday night after a long days baking!
Authentic Indian Peshwari Naan Bread
An authentic delicious Indian flat bread recipe with yogurt.
- Griddle (or frying) Pan
- 500 g Strong white flour
- 150 mls Plain yoghurt
- 12 g Dried yeast
- 10 g Salt
- 1 Egg Beaten
- Luke warm water to bind
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 35 g Butter
- 3 tbsp Coconut
- 1.5 tbsp Raisins
- 3 tbsp Ground almonds
Make the Dough
- Place all the dried bread ingredients into a bowl
- Make a well and mix in the beaten egg and yoghurt.
- Start to knead the dough. Add a little more water to the dough if it is dry.
- Knead for 5-10minutes until soft and stretchy.
- Cover and leave the dough to rise until doubled in size.
Make the Filling
- Make up the filling by softening the butter and mixing the other ingredients into the butter.
Make the Nann Breads
- Knock back the dough and divide into 60g balls of dough;
- Roll out onto a floured surface and place a little of the filling in one side of the dough.
- Moisten the other end with a little water and fold up to seal edges repeat this process until all the dough has been used up.
- Heat up a griddle and lightly fry the naan’s on both sides until they puff up and slightly golden in colour.
- Immediately wrap up the cooked naans in a clean tea towel to keep the bread soft and warm